Landlord’s Energy Saving Allowance

| Uncategorized | January 8, 2013

According to Gov.UK website, with the help of landlord’s energy saving allowance landlords can cut down their tax bills up to £1,500 a year. In order to claim landlord’s energy saving allowance, landlords must have to buy and install energy saving products such as cavity wall, loft insulation, solid wall insulation, draught-proofing, hot water system insulation and floor insulation in their rent out properties.

As far as claiming landlord’s energy saving allowance for your rent out properties in abroad is concerned, you can do so if you pay tax on profits earned from those properties to UK government.

For each house or flat a landlord gives on rent he/she can ask for a maximum allowance of £1,500.

In case a landlord installs energy-saving stuffs by him/herself then he or she can also claim Landlord’s Energy Saving Allowance for buying the energy saving items. Under rent a room scheme. Landlord cannot claim allowance and also for rental furnished holiday accommodations.

No Tags


Review This Property

You must be logged in to leave review.